Monday, June 27, 2011

The modern June bride-A refreshing wedding and reception

Print

Before I dive into this great wedding and food review, I first want to congratulate our dear friend Liz from White Pear Photography Studios on her marriage this weekend. Liz is amazing wedding photographer, and has the inside view on how to pull off a great wedding herself. May your days be filled with adventure, love and humor.

It has been a while since I have been a guest at a wedding. I must say, it was getting quite boring. They all had become pretty cookie cutter. And in Long Island, it also becomes even more repetitive just bigger and more glutinous. Catering hall after catering hall. Kind of humorous if you really observed them closely.

But this weekend was different. Liz and Rob's wedding showed true personality and flair. The ceremony (captured above by my hubby) was held in a beautiful garden. Peaceful and private. The bride entered the ceremony through an archway blooming with roses. No blingy limos, no endless parade of symbolic candles and sand and doves. Just the warm sunshine, draping roses and wonderful guitar music in the background.

Now comes the best part.. The reception. I am totally going back to this place on a future night out with friends or date night (wait what's that?).
The reception was not at a huge, faceless catering hall, but an awesome, modern totally hip restaurant.

Liz and Rob decided to opt for not a lengthy sit down dinner but great passed dishes first. French Fries with a to-die-for garlic sauce, crab cakes, spring rolls, SUSHI of course (oh the sushi) it just kept coming, bite size steak quesadillas, and finally, the best mini piece of heaven- the best sliders I have ever had. 


A side bar on the slider. We are not talking a White Castle mess here. We are talking mini brioche bun, thick, juicy sirloin burger, topped with tomato, lettuce, and some crazy sauce that I have to go back and try again so I can get the recipe.. 
Passed dishes were followed by an adorable station of lo mein and dumplings, or mini burritos or steak (duh) and garlic potatoes. 

I literally ate so much, I was sick all night. Certainly not because the food was poorly cooked. Just the opposite. I was sick, because I couldn't stop eating and my stomach was freaking out. 

Kudos to you Liz, for not only finding an amazing reception local, but planning a refreshing, modern wedding.. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment