Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Got a sweet tooth? Try this seasonal delight

Print


Here we go again. My cart rolls down the produce aisle and it's the same story as the last time we were here. (me and baby girl to be clear). Choices are: apples, bananas, or $5.00 for three semi-ripe strawberries. Yeah, I'm bitter about winter draughts for fruit. What of it?
Oh my wonderful July how I miss you! Your luscious red juicy strawberries, sweet tiny blueberries, tart and strange looking rhubarb, peaches, plums the list goes on.. All ready for the picking at a super cheap price.

Then, I turn the corner and see them. The cutest little orange balls of fruit, Clementines. The sign says sweet, seedless, easy to peel and in season.

So, I pick up a few.
A little plain yogurt, a few frozen strawberries, and zap, instant smoothie. Fresh, creamy and sweet. 
So the next time you are in the store, take a detour to the fruit before you hit the bakery aisle. In season Clementines might surprise you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment