Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Resolutions get a bad rap!

Print
Did you know that on average you can burn over 400 calories staying busy at work? Did you also know that a chaotic day with the kiddos can eat up over 1000? 

Well, here we are, one week into the new year. It's been over a month since my last entry, I have eaten my way through a Ukrainian Christmas Eve, an Italian Christmas Day and a week's worth of food at the "happiest place on earth" while on vacation. I won't lie it felt good doing it.  

Now? Ugh, sluggish, pinching pants, I've even tried to convince myself that it was just my cheap jeans that shrunk from being old and over washed. Umm, I think not. 

It's time. I admit it. Time to get back on track. Not just with my diet, but with my other goals for 2011. Recently I have seen a few of my Facebook friends criticizing others for making New Year's resolutions. That it was just people making up ways to feel good and that they would be the same 1 year later.

I like resolutions, even if I break them. It's kinda the same mentality I had as a child when I got a new box of crayons, or notebook. It's the same feeling I get when I get a new mascara or gadget for the kitchen. This is the one! It will change my life.. Call me a sucker, but that is me. Hopeful, optimistic, willing to think that there is some token out there that will lift my spirits.

So, here it is my list for 2011
  • Slow down for my family and for me
  • Improve my blog, site and photography
  • Embrace something positive no matter how little it is everyday
  • Help anyone and everyone I can to improve the food they eat. 

Where do I start? Well, this entry is first and hopefully if I do #2 well, # 4 will fall into place.
Next, I went to the store and started fresh. Literally. The cart was filled with very little processed foods.
I also got back onto my favorite site. (which is free btw) Livestrong- Myplate.  I highly recommend it.
I will be speaking more about this site and using it in posts to come. But for now, let me know about your resolutions. We can start 2011 together.


No comments:

Post a Comment